Plastic Manufacturing Prototyping Services
At Stelray Plastic Products, Inc., we are often asked to assist in the prototype development of new product ideas of our customers. We offer a number of rapid prototype options that are available to you to help validate form, fit, and function of your future injection molded part design. If “speed to market” is your concern, often times a prototyping method can be the interim solution.
Whether you need 2 parts or 200 parts, Stelray can accommodate your rapid needs. Allow us the opportunity to consult with and we will recommend the best prototyping process for your needs:
- SLA (Stereolithography) - Provides a functional 3D physical model generated from a CAD file for a very good initial review of your design concept. Considered to be the standard for rapid prototyping in industry today.
- 3D Printing - On the leading edge of what is known as 'Additive Manufacturing' and probably the quickest method available today to turn your 3D CAD model into a physical part.
- Cast Urethane - A very good method of prototyping to generate limited quanties of parts (2-20), while offering a broader range of durometer (hardness) and color
- CNC Machining - Can be the method of choice if a full 3D CAD model is not available or if your needs require fabricating a shape from a specific material.
- Low-Cost Injection Molds - Certainly the most advanced of the prototyping options. Often the choice in a critical application when the other options might be too limited, or if you are just ready for this step and need an immediate quantity of parts.
Plastic Manufacturing Value Added Service Capabilities
|Engineering & Development Services
Material Testing and Validation
- Early Stage Engineering Support
- Quality Requirement Planning
- Material Selection Consultation
- Mold Concept Planning
Injection Molded Prototypes
- Off-Shore Mold Building Alliances
CU Models (Cast Urethane)
CNC Machined and Fabricated Models
||Aerospace & Aircraft
Electronics & Instrumentation
Home Electronics/Entertainment Accessories
Water and Chemical Filtration
|Industry Standards Met
American National Standards Institute
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
American Society for Testing and Materials
The CE mark (officially CE marking) is a mandatory conformity mark on many products placed on the single market in the European Economic Area (EEA).
FDA Registered Medical Device Manufacturer
Food And Drug Administration
International Organization for Standardization
- Yellow Card, Raw Materials
|File Formats Accepted
Bit Mapped Graphics
Graphics Interchange Format
Initial Graphics Exchange Specification, ANSI file format.
JPG or JEPG
Joint Photographic Experts Group
MasterCam (MDX, MC8, MC9, SET)
Portable Document Format
Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data
Tagged Image File Format
back to top